I have enjoyed my 6 years here as principal at St. Philip Catholic School. This is a great school community with so many caring people who serve the needs of their children. Through all their involvement in their masses, academics, sports, field trips, and music performances the students here have always demonstrated an excellent attitude, work ethic and values that are Catholic Christian based.
I want to take this opportunity to express my gratitude to the entire staff for their superb work and their dedication to all the students. They are a very hard working group who generously give up their time and energy to make sure that your children have the best education possible and have a wonderful school experience. Believe me; your children are truly blessed.
I also want to thank our Parent Advisory Council for all their care, effort, time and energy that they have graciously given. The school is in great hands with a new young executive! I am sure you will continue to come together regularly to meet the interests and needs of all the children.
We have had many accomplishments since the fall of 2011:
- Updated and re-opened playground
- New outdoor equipment and surface playing area
- New school team uniforms
- Musical Instruments – 30 guitars and 30 ukuleles
- Installation of 16 Chromebooks and tower for each classroom
- Addition of 5 smartboards
- Addition of docking cameras, projectors, in each classroom
- BYOD – Bring Your Own Device – 1st school to implement
- NPDL – New Pedagogies for Deep Learning – 1st of 4 school to implement
- Fraser Institute Ranking – 2014 1st in the Bd
- Social Media - 1st school to implement - Twitter, Remind, Video Newsletters
- Maker Space – 1st school - conversion of library with addition of robotics, lego,
- Rosary Apostolate Group - monthly visits
- Parish Ministry Team – weekly visits
- Monthly Virtues and Fruits of the Holy Spirit
- St. Philip’s Track Day
- Student Wellness Council
- Retention Rates - 70% attending our Catholic High School – St. Patrick’s
Building relationships and creating a learning culture of trust produces a more rewarding work environment. Whenever people feel like they can reach out to one another for help and support, individuals begin to operate as teams. Schools that encourage these qualities of collaboration also see growth in school culture, student outcomes, and job satisfaction. Success begins when we first create an environment where people know why they come to work, how their roles are defined, and what they can do to develop their strengths. St. Philip Catholic School is that learning culture of trust.
When you are trusted to share your talents you always give your heart and soul to something you love doing. For the past six years, the St. Philip Catholic School community has allowed me to do this, and I thank you!
We will cross paths later in our journey either out in the streets, at the arena, or in social media. We can’t always see where the road leads, but god promises there’s something better up ahead we just have to trust him…Isaiah 49 references, “I Will Not Forget You” as
“You Are Engraved In the Palms of My Hands”